Sunday 29 January 2012

Another quick one!

I have been amputated!

At 9.22pm I took a notion to start piecing my Made in Cherry, off I slunk to the sewing room, hoping hubby wouldn't notice me disappearing at that late hour!

5 minutes later I was back, my machine wouldn't turn on! I had tried unplugging it, a different socket, deep breathing, all to no avail. I ran to my husband trying not to panic. 2 hours later it is still not working. It is dead :(

I brought it second hand from my lqs about 6 months ago. Husband thinks a resistor has blown in the control foot. A new foot is £89, pennies I do not have. I am going to pop into the store to ask if they have warranty policy on their used machines. They do not open until Tuesday. Tuesday is the day my friend Mary is coming to sew with me for the day. Oh the bother.....

10 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Bugger bugger bugger and other choice words - I am not going to make any 'I haven't a clue suggestions' like have you changed the fuse? as I know nothing, but good luck xxx

Sarah PingsAndNeedles said...

A new foot shouldn't cost you more than about £25, honestly. I bought one last year for my 1950s Novum ...

If you email me the make/model I'll ring my LQS in my lunchbreak tomorrow ...

LOL my word verification is 'boreing' !! harrumph!

Katy Cameron said...

Waaaah! Hope it's a quick fix, and is under warranty!

Sarah said...

Sweetie thats awful! Do you have an old stand by? Is that the only one? God I'd be a wreck...

Sarah Lou said...

Oh no! Same thing happened to me just before Christmas (except that the resistor also set the foot on fire!) I've borrowed my MIL's for now, could that be an option?

Sarah said...

Oh dear! Sorry to hear that - but I agree that you should be able to buy a replacement for less than £89. My mum got a universal replacement pedal a couple of years ago for about a third of the price of the branded one and she says it works fine.

memmens said...

Grrrrr you're not having much luck! Let me know about tomorrow, we can do it another day, I was thinking we might get snowed in too!

Nicky said...

I think I'd be bawling my eyes out Emily! Hoping for good news on the warranty on Tuesday - in the meantime go cut some fabric and pray a lot!

Catherine said...

aaagh, no machine! Thats awful. Hope it all gets sorted pronto

mammafairy said...

I am really sorry, I would be lost if my machine blew. Having said which I have kept my old machine as a backup, 'just in case' . Hubby thinks I am mad.
Hope you get sorted really quickly.

My verification word is sort of apt. It is
coarpss

Yes!