Saturday 18 August 2012

I am a very bad blogger......

I just can't find the time at the moment, plenty of sewing happening but just not the inclination to post about it, as I've said before I am sure something happening in September could resolve this! Hopefully I will catch up soon with all the things I've made that I've yet to show you.

I went away for a few days this week with the girls to my in-laws. That meant no sewing machine and lots of mummy-daughter time. Not that I didn't have a lovely time, I did, but I was in desperate need of some me-time with my machine when we got back!

So yesterday I pulled out my hoarded liberty scraps and some old salvaged curtain lining and set to work on this weeks Zakka project.


I love this pillow so much, it makes me wish I was little again and could have one of my very own. I am not and I can't but the reaction it received from Juliette more than made up for that!





I used some salvaged cotton jersey for the ted, it made him so soft and cuddly. The liberty scraps were a mixture of lawn and silk, a bit fiddly to work with sewing all those diamonds up and my points are far from lined up in places!



I can see her big sister putting in a request for one of these and I know I will definitely be using this as a present go-to in future, although perhaps without the diamonds!

Whilst I was away I did get a little hand sewing done, infact I finished it so quickly I wished I had taken more!


The lovely Boris pattern from Jo at Bearpaw. Jo gave away this pattern a while back and I printed it off immediately. I am so glad I finally got around to doing it, I even learnt a new stitch. I am putting the other woodland portraits on my to-stitch list! Now I just need to find a home/purpose for Boris....at the moment I am thinking simple, in a wooden hoop.

Right, I am off to catch up on a weeks blog reading, wish me luck! If I don't manage to comment, please forgive me :-)

10 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

You are the weakest link, good bye ;o) Well, okay, we'll forgive you :oD Love the wee guy and his pillow, and fab job on Boris

Lynz said...

I love that pillow. LOVE! I wonder if I could get one to work on my bed......challenge!

Cherie said...

Such a cute pillow, the mix of fabrics is very effective. =D

Canadian Abroad said...

Sweet! Lovely photos of your youngest with the latest make.

Simone de Klerk said...

So cute, the pillow and your daughter enjoying it so much already.

Nicky said...

So cute - pillow and occupant !

I would love one of those teds with Boris on his tum! Sigh probably not going to happen here though - over to you missus!

Ali said...

Aww it's so nice to see her enjoying your project! Thank you for the information about Bearpaw too, that's just an awesome embroidery!

Lisa C in GA. said...

Isn't it the best, when you make something and the recipient loves it? That pillow is just lovely!! So, too, is the block you made for my stash bee quilt :). So glad I got a sneak peek!

Nicky said...

I think Boris is gorgeous - couldn't believe my eyes when I opened up the parcel! Thank you Emily you are a darling and your embroidery is as brilliant as the rest of your makes! Such a clever girl!

Think Boris needs a pillow of his own which I will make for him! You are too kind...Big hugs!

Finding Fifth said...

Aw he looks very loved.