Monday 22 October 2012

Something Wicked This Way Comes!

All right, enough of the jolly Christmas makery, it is time to make things a little spookier around here!

Having my very own little witch (Juliette was born on Halloween and often lives upto it!) we have become quite excited about Halloween decorating over the last couple of years. We still don't have many decorations (why is everything in the uk made of plastic for Halloween?!) Seeing all the amazing home décor on the American blog's I decided I had time (pah!) to knock up a couple of table runners for the lounge.



For the first I made a little runner like this one made by Vanessa, you can see a picture (old) of my little witches in the back!



Then a bigger scrappy quilt as you go runner.



I love this one, it may just stay out all year! Which is funny really because I decided to cut a few corners, after all this was only going to be out for a couple of weeks a year right?! I didn't put a backing on and I used some scraps of an old wool blanket instead of batting as it was all I had. Oh well, I am sure visitors won't come round and turn it over!


Do you like my reading?!! Speaking of which, I must dash, I have a date with some vampires ;-)

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh your spiderwebs are fabulous! Love the prints of your quilt as you go one too.

Kelly said...

Love both and enjoy your toothy reading ;-)

Charlotte said...

fab! have fun with your halloween baby!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Just tell anyone who looks at the back that it's made from the clothes of the last person who peeked! x

Isisjem said...

What lovely runners. I was thinking of making a halloween runner to give the place a bit of halloween decor even had the pattern I'd use but think I'll run out of time now. You're so right though decor in the UK is mainly plastic and tacky!

Canadian Abroad said...

Why not use an old blanket. I think that is brilliant recycling. And the spider webs are fab!

Katy Cameron said...

Erm, all the stuff we're seeing over here is plastic too (and some seriously tacky crap!) Still, like your runner!

Cindy said...

Cool! The spider web is a great idea! Your quilting really pops beautifully on the solid. Lovely!

Celtic Thistle said...

Love your spiderwebs, what a great antidote to all that cheap and tacky Halloween plastic!

Nat at Made in Home said...

Love the spiderweb!

Catherine said...

I have a Halloween baby as well (well, not so much a baby: a 16 yr old!)
I love your spider web runner

Sadie said...

Love them both! I think it's a great idea to re-use the wool blanket in place of batting :-)

Nicky said...

Fabulous spooky makes!

Just hope he isn't thirsty!