Monday 25 August 2014

Squeezing fun in between the chores

I should really be working, but then I have been working all day so I thought i'd squeeze out 5 minutes of the bank holiday to share something fun I found time for last weekend.


Got off my bum and started something new (and started making a mess!)

This is as close to a mess as I get in my studio, eek! It was tidied away moments after but I just had to document the rare 'creative mess'! Tell me everyone else also uses prized quilts as design walls?!

I took a lovely vintage cloth storybook panel my youngest was gifted for her naming day and turned it into something that I hope will be much treasured.


Working on a sweet little story book quilt for my little Juliette

It was designed and laid out in such a way as to cut up and sewn into a book, very clever. But the poor panel had bee siting untouched in my cupboard for almost 4 years so I made the decision to turn it into a story quilt rather than a cloth book, as I felt she was a little too old now.

A departure from my usual palette of colours, I stuck with the pastels and vintage prints that complimented the story panels, there a pieces of their baby bedding in there along with a little of their toddler clothing, My daughter is delighted and can't wait for it to be finished - success!!

I have also resisted reading the story whilst I've been sewing, I am saving that treat for when we can both snuggle under it and read together when its finished!

4 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Lovely idea, although I'm never showing you a photo of my creative mess, it might actually kill you lol

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt enjoy reading time together x

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's gorgeous!

P.S. Your 'mess' looks a lot like mine!! I can't bear it when I have lots of things out, I generally like to tidy as I go!

Abby said...

Wow. I was just thinking about a stack of book panels I have had in the cupboard for years and thinking my 3 and 5 year olds were getting too old for them. But they would make amazing story time quilts for their "library"